- Knitted fabric concept: very elastic, breathable and moisture-wicking for excellent wearing comfort, especially behind the knee.
- A special fabric weave that is gentle on the skin covers the critical popliteal area.
- The side seam avoids pressure points in the popliteal area.
- The anatomically formed pad makes for a lightweight brace. It helps secure its position and makes it more comfortable to wear.
- The adjustment strap is located at the lateral patellar margin.
- There are two friction points on the distal section of the pad.
- The proximal section of the pad extends to the muscle-tendon junction of the vastus medialis muscle.
- A crescent-shaped medial patella cover is integrated into the patella recess in the pad.
- The muscle-relaxing pad (the world‘s first) is located lateral to the upper edge of the brace.
- Lateral and medial zinc-coated steel wire stays
- Knee irritation (patellofemoral pain syndrome, patellar chondropathy, chondromalacia, patella tip syndrome, jumper’s knee, runner’s knee)
- Patellar lateralization
- High-riding patella (patella alta)
- Post-operative, e.g. lateral release surgery
- Patellar tendonitis
- Feeling of instability
Mode of Action
- External compression accelerates the absorption of edema and effusion. Proprioception is enhanced helping joint stability.
- The soft knit fabric used for the popliteal area provides both excellent wearing comfort and medically effective compression.
- Together with the adjustment strap the pad centers the patella. It stops the patella from drifting laterally.
- After surgery, the corrective guide ensures positive surgical outcomes.
- The friction points reduce pressure and alleviate pain in the retropatellar area.
- The alternating compression of the three-dimensional anatomically formed knit fabric, in combination with the new pad shape that sits on the vastus medialis muscle, reduces pain and stimulates metabolism. Proprioception is improved and helps joint stability.
- The medial patella cover counteracts the medial tilting of the patella during activity. This helps physiological movement of the patella.
- Utilizing sensory-motor feedback, the muscle-relaxing pad slightly relaxes the iliotibial tract on the lateral patellar retinaculum, minimizing the lateral pull on the patella. This takes the strain off the patella and pain is reduced.
AVAILABLE AS CUSTOM MADE PRODUCT
- GenuTrain P3 can be ordered as a truly custom made-to-measure product.
- Made in Germany with the same high quality knit fabric and materials.
- Custom-made for patients who cannot be given an optimal fit with standard sizes. Perfect if you have pronounced thigh or calf muscles
- Can be made in short (>170 cm body height) or long (>170cm body height)
- The support remains securely in position during movement so that the compression knit and the viscoelastic pads can achieve their maximum effect.
How to Measure
Flex knees (30 degrees) and mark the centre of the patella. Measure the circumference of the thigh 17 cm above this point (A) and measure the circumference of the calf 15 cm below this point (B).