- Less pain: noticeable relief of symptoms
- Added stabilization: strong increase in sense of stability
- Optimized fit: significantly improved assessment of fit and secure position
- Improved comfort: significantly improved assessment of wearing sensation
- Same design for right and left legs
8th GENERATION INNOVATIONS
1. New high-low knitted fabric: improved sensorimotor function
- The high-low knitted fabric acts on the propriosensory system to activate the muscles, stabilize the joints and improve the physiological gait pattern.
- The highly structured surface actively assists long-term pain relief by stimulating the mechanosensors.
- The comfortable popliteal area features wide interstices to ensure high breathability and good moisture-wicking properties.
2. The New Omega+ Pad: pain relief and self-healing
- Patented Omega+ Pad (visco-elastic pad) with meniscus wings for reduced knee pain and relief.
- Refined Hoffa spots act on the infrapatellar fat pad, which promotes metabolic and self-healing processes.
- Innovative massage nubs in the meniscus wings and Hoffa spots for intense stimulation and long-lasting effects.
3. The New Plastic Stays: Improved compliance
- Optimal anatomical fit for a highly effective support.
- The flexible bending zone makes sure the support stays securely in position, even during movement.
- Comfortable integrated donning and doffing aid
- Tendinopathy, tendomyopathy, ligament insertion degeneration, meniscopathy, chronic, post-traumatic or post-operative irritation
- Recurring joint effusion (swelling)
- Osteoarthritis/arthritis (joint wear/inflammation)
- Relapse prevention
- Feeling of instability
MODE OF ACTION
- Relief and stabilization of the knee joint thanks to targeted activation of the muscles stabilizing the joint
- Massage of menisci through meniscus wings at the sides helps to reduce pain
- Supports the metabolism and the knee‘s self-healing process thanks to the stimulating effect of the Hoffa spots on the infrapatellar (Hoffa‘s) fat pads
- Complex stimulation of mechanical sensors improves coordination, sensorimotor function and movement patterns
- Improvement of mobility by massaging tense muscles, tendons and fascia
- Accelerates the absorption of edemas and effusions and supports the healing process in case of irritation
- The breathable active zone and particularly soft comfort zones of the Train knit fabric enable ideal wearing comfort with optimal medical effects
How to Measure
Flex knees (30 degrees) and mark the centre of the patella (knee cap). Measure the circumference of the thigh 14 cm above this point (A) and measure the circumference of the calf 12 cm below this point (B).
*Additional sizes available for larger thigh circumferences: see Bauerfeind GenuTrain Comfort Knee >