- Omega pad: An integrated, ring-shaped visco-elastic pad surrounds the patella with two pressure points on the distal section of the pad and two lateral wings at the level of the menisci.
- Knitted fabric concept: A highly elastic, breathable and moisture wicking for excellent wearing comfort.
- An especially soft knit fabric for the popliteal area.
- Anatomically knit for optimum fit and highly secure positioning.
- Compression-reduced edges divert pressure at the ends of the support
- Integrated donning aid makes the support easier to put on
- Lateral and medial zinc-coated steel wire stays
- The same design for the right and left sides.
- Irritation (Tendomyopathy, ligament insertion degeneration, meniscopathy, osteoarthritis, arthritis, and chronic, post-traumatic or post-operative treatment)
- Tendency toward instability
- Relapsing joint effusion(swelling)
MODE OF ACTION
- The Omega pad redistributes compression away from the patella to the surrounding soft tissues.
- Knee joint movement massages the parapatellar soft tissue structures through the formed padded ring.
- The compression and massage effects accelerate the reabsorption of edema and effusions and help relieve pain.
- The pressure points of the Omega pad exert pressure on the infrapatellar fat pad. They reduce pressure and alleviate pain in the retropatellar area.
- The lateral wings of the Omega pad reach the front parts of the meniscus and reduce pain by exerting intermittent compression.
- Complex stimulation of the proprioceptors by the support has a positive effect on the sensorimotor system and thus on muscle control.
AVAILABLE AS CUSTOM MADE PRODUCT
- GenuTrain can be ordered as a truly custom made-to-measure product.
- Made in Germany with high quality knit fabric and materials.
- Custom-made for patients who cannot be given an optimal fit with standard sizes. Perfect if you have pronounced thigh or calf muscles, or a leg that’s taller or shorter
- The support remains securely in position during movement and the compression knit and the viscoelastic pads can achieve their maximum effect.
How to Measure
Flex knees (30 degrees) and mark the centre of the patella (knee cap). Measure the circumference of the thigh 14 cm above this point (A) and measure the circumference of the calf 12 cm below this point (B).
*For additional comfort sizes with increased thigh dimensions, see Bauerfeind GenuTrain Comfort Knee >